[time-nuts] Misuse of word "decimate" (was Re: Short term 10MHz source)

Dan Kemppainen dan at irtelemetrics.com
Thu Jan 10 17:47:46 UTC 2019

Hi,

As I'm inclined pop my head up and throw my opinion in here...

Since the internal clock (ring oscillator) is essentially free running
in the TDC7200 it really has a 55ps +/- xxx ps resolution. That is to
say, it may be 55ns, or 55.001ns, or 54.999ns resolution. It's possible
those extra digits may actually give meaningful data, so I'm inclined to
suggest leaving the digits in there.

In any case, this discussion regarding the TICC/TDC7200 resolution and
calibration process is probably helpful to many. I've picked up a few
details in the last day or so.

Dan