[time-nuts] Portable Time Standard - Additional Clarification

Joe Hobart nova at npgcable.com
Sat Jan 12 21:24:54 UTC 2019

Here is more explanation:

I need a stand-alone, easily portable unit with display; the unit may be used
where GPS, cell phone, or WWVB are not available.  Low power consumption is
highly desirable.

I have seen advertisements of marine quartz chronometers listing an accuracy as
good as <0.01 second/day at a constant temperature of 22 C.  Has anyone had
experience with a marine quartz chronometers?  If so, how much did the accuracy
vary with temperature?

Thanks for the suggestions about pickup coils;  I had hoped a coil would detect
the clock movement well enough to compare to a standard 1 PPS.  I have a
Motorola GPS timing module and a storage oscilloscope for comparison.

Joe

---
https://www.avg.com