[time-nuts] leapseconds, converting between GPS time (week, second) and UTC

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at burnicki.net
Thu Jan 17 17:26:16 UTC 2019

Jim Palfreyman wrote:
> For the record, when using R, the package "lubridate" (which is part of the
> brilliant "tidyverse") does handle leap seconds.

Basically it's good that there a particular programming environments
that handle leap seconds internally.

As far as I know there's also Java which does some kind of intermnal
smearing (UTC-SLS), and also Python can do this.

The problem I see is if such an application has to exchange date which
has been written using a different programming environment.

Martin