[time-nuts] Ublox Neo M8T no output on TP2 question please?

MLewis mlewis000 at rogers.com
Sat Jan 19 20:23:58 UTC 2019

David,

Don't tap the time LEDs.
For InCase series NEO-M8T TIME & RAW receiver board
(https://www.csgshop.com/product.php?id_product=218), access to PPS is
through the 12 pin JST SH socket, its harness or the breakout board it
feeds.
You can see the breakout board's labelled items at
https://www.csgshop.com/product.php?id_product=217
In addition to accessing the coms for SPI, UART, USB & I2C, these
include: TIMEPULSE (TIME1), TIMEPULSE2 (TIME2), EXTINT0 & EXTINT1.

You can use your own JST connector, or get their harness and cut one end
off if you want access to those leads directly. I provide power through
the breakout board's USB, and I soldered 4 pin headers onto the breakout
board so I can build custom cables for for quick re-config for testing.

Chris,

Did you get a NEO-M8T-0-01 or a NEO-M8T-0-10?
Back in Dec 2016, the same place slipped me a -01 with the original
non-GAL firmware, when prior to that they were shipping -01 updated with
GAL enabled firmware or -10 (which has GAL firmware) to most customers.
They (he) wouldn't reply to queries.

And somewhere in the M8T docs is the recommendation to use 1 Hz
Timepulse, as precision suffers if you're using time pulse at other than
1 Hz PPS.

Regards,

Michael