[time-nuts] Tuning a Thunderbolt

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 20 05:31:02 UTC 2019

Oooh, very nice,  the full monty of tuning goodness!    After doing all that you can spend countless hours tweaking things in search of maximum time-nut-goodness...

I'm not sure  that a 96 hour precision survey is measurably better than 48 hours, but what the heck, might as well go for it.

>After that week, I believe the correct procedure is:

- Set the elevation mask angle to 0.0 (fe, 0.0) & signal level mask to
1.0 (fl, 1.0)
- Clear and let run for a 6-12 hours (cm)
- Run a site precision survey (/sp=96)
- Autotune the DAC (&a)
- Save to EEPROM (ee)