[time-nuts] IFCS 2019

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Sun Jan 20 19:39:47 UTC 2019

Fellow time-nuts,

We are a few time-nuts which now found ourselves in the lucky position
that we just received emails about our abstracts having been accepted
for presentation at the IFCS/EFTF 2019 conference in Orlando this April.

For my own part, I will to a poster presentation on  “Reduction of
biases in estimated noise power due to sine spurs and narrowband peaks"
and a lecture presentation on “Error budget of large time-transfer
networks - Theory andpractice from a decade in the field".

The first one is the technique to use notch filters to remove the energy
of sines, thus removing that disturbance from the ADEV plot.

The second one is really about the ways I've built error budges in
time-transfer networks and how well that has worked with reality.

I then know that Ole-Petter Rønningen (with me as supporting act, so
that is how I know) will do a poster presentation on  “A novel PPP
Disciplined Oscillator", which is the work he has been doing on PPP
based GPSDO.

I believe that Attila Kinali also has a few abstracts filed, I saw at
least one abstract from him in my group. He better report on those himself.

I don't know if more time-nuts has abstracts approved, but please share
with us!

Regardless, I will for sure be there and there should be a few more
time-nuts. Let's try to meet!

Those going there the first time should plan to also do the tutorial
sessions. Also make plans to be on the social event dinner, which this
year will be at Kennedy Space Center.

https://ifcs-eftf2019.org

Cheers,
Magnus