[time-nuts] GPS satellite orbits (was: Calculating sidereal time)

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 21 07:30:58 UTC 2019

I also expected that, but when I added the ability of Lady Heather to plot the SNR/az/el/carrier phase/pseudorange of a given satellite, I found that they repeat every 24-ish hours.  At 12-ish hours the SNR and time the receiver had usable signal was greatly reduced.

>The main reason is the GPS satellites come close to following the same ground track.
So I'd expect the elevation and azimuth to a given SVN to be the same on a 12 sidereal hour basis.