[time-nuts] HP Stories: Frequency Counter business

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 01:39:41 UTC 2019

Been seriously enjoying the discussion. Especially the insights of HP. I
have several 5245 and 5248Ms (Better oven osc)
Just had to do a few minor repairs over Christmas. That said the binary
counter to nixie decoders are just a crazy engineering marvel. Neon bulbs
light that change a photo cell that illuminates the nixie number. I have
seen the 52X series long ago and stayed clear of them.
But this winter they may have been helpful in keeping warm.
Keep sharing.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL