[time-nuts] Ublox Neo M8T no output on TP2 question please?

Chris Wilson chris at chriswilson.tv
Wed Jan 23 11:45:14 UTC 2019

Hello Time Nuts,

 Tuesday, January 22, 2019

 The Ublox M8T is now fixed! For future reference this is what was
 wrong. CSG Shop ship various versions of this GPS module on a generic
 board, as far as I can tell, and reading between the lines. Some
 versions need this jumper across two of the three normally bare
 solder pads. Mine seems to have "escaped" with a Neo_M8T but the
 jumper soldered in place needed for NEO_M8L and NEO-M8U modules. Upon
 removing it the device now outputs under control of the current
 release of U-Centre software on TP0 and TP2. On another list I have
 been warned to only capacitively couple TP2 to "whatever" in case
 "whatever" pulls TP2 to low, which would put it in Safe Mode. If
 anyone wants a photo of how the pads should be for the M8T I can take
 one and link here. But basically the M8T module should have NO
 jumpers across the three pads on the reverse side of the board...A
 learning experience I could have done without, but at least I have
 learnt something and it can now be cased up :) Thanks to all for help
 here and by direct e-mail.

Best regards,
 Chris        mailto:chris at chriswilson.tv