[time-nuts] HP History with Dymec: "Becoming Hewlett Packard. Why Strategic Leadership Matters"

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Thu Jan 24 03:02:17 UTC 2019

> Being a bit new to HP (only 35 years), I never head of Dymec before.

This web page gives the best coverage of Dymec that I've seen:

http://hpmemoryproject.org/news/dymec/dymec_page_00.htm

You'll recognize much of that era's test equipment.
Also near the end are many photos showing the dy upside down hp logo.

> I plan to buy a copy of the book and read it on my trip to Hong Kong this weekend.
> If it is interesting, I'll write a quick review for you all.

Thanks in advance for doing that.

> Tom V:  Let us know if we are wandering too far off topic for time-nuts.
>
> Hugh Rice

You're doing fine. Keep it up. The time nuts home page at http://leapsecond.com/time-nuts.htm gives an overview of topics we're interested in. Most anything related to old hp is welcome here; they were such pioneers in the early days of precise time & frequency standards and measurement.

/tvb