[time-nuts] Ublox F9P multi-band GPS receiver

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 23:36:58 UTC 2019

On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 11:00 PM Dustin Marquess <dmarquess at gmail.com> wrote:
> Agreed.  I'm sure the only difference between the two (if there really
> is any) is all in the firmware.  They seem to disable a lot of the
> nicer timing features in their non-timing modules.  Things like
> UBX-CFG-TMODE2 to survey-in and enable 1SV timing mode is a big one.

I think an important question is if the T version still outputs
carrier phase on all the signals.

For fixed position timekeeping I like collecting a few days of data
from the receiver and a nearby CORS station (no problem in northern
California, I'm not sure if they're so easily found elsewhere!) and
post-processing using RTKLIB and the downloadable orbital data.

The apparent lack of support for online RTK in the F9T receivers
wouldn't be a problem for this, but getting the full set of
observables out would be. The UBLOX datasheets seem really thin.