[time-nuts] Frequency standard

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 26 22:39:27 UTC 2019

On 1/26/19 1:31 PM, Bob Albert via time-nuts wrote:
>   Well you are right that I am bit far from JPL.  I used to work there.  But I am impressed with the number of replies and the number of suggestions.  I am still mulling over what will work for me.  Apparently this group is made up of helpful and knowledgable guys who aren't afraid to share their expertise.
> I don't have a microwave receiver.  I don't even know what frequency range I might want to hear.  Yes there are amateur beacons but the only one that stands out in my mind is the one in Long Beach on 10 meters.  Given its target frequency, I am a bit at a loss as to how to make use of its accuracy.  I could use a local signal generator as a transfer oscillator and measure it while trying to hold it on zero beat with the beacon.

I'd shoot an email to someone in SBMS - they're all over southern
california - there's probably someone out in the valley close to you and
you can just schlep your counter over there.  Or go to their meeting..
they're always interesting (and for all you know someone will be selling
a GPSDO or Rb cheap or a recently adjusted OCXO cheap)