[time-nuts] PPS clock module

Luca iw2lje at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 09:41:43 UTC 2019

hi, i made many digital clock circuits. They are made always by using
standard cmos with 12 to 15 volt power supply. high supply voltage means
high noise tolerant circuits, very necessary for lowering error probability
particularly in a time keeping task! It is easy to build up the counter
chain. Less easy is the 1PPS generator (from the 10MHz standard) and in
particular its syncronization with a standard UTC pps. You have to pay
attention to propagation delays that are quite important in a 10 MHz clock
system based on standard B-series cmos. I don't wont to use 74HC, 74AC, or
other faster logic to maintain radiation low.
Bye
Luca
iw2lje