[time-nuts] GNSS Antennas (was: Rooftop antenna and splitter)

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Jan 31 17:41:21 UTC 2019

On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 20:33:23 -0800
Peter Monta <pmonta at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mini-Circuits has such a 4-port phase splitter, part number SCQ-4-1650+.
> It's $25, which is not super cheap, but it's unclear one could implement
> such a network with a planar circuit for less, and the planar circuit would
> be more bulky.

That one looks interesting indeed. Especially as the datasheet mentiones
quadrifilar. Now I wonder whether that means the internal structure is
a quadirfilar transformer or it is meant for quadiriflar antennas.
While the latter would be a weird way to describe it, the former sounds
more plausible. But then, I have no idea how one could use a quadrifilar
transformer for a polyphase splitter. Does someone have an idea?

			Attila Kinali
use without that foundation.
                 -- Miss Matheson, The Diamond Age, Neal Stephenson