[time-nuts] The forbidden question

William H. Fite omniryx at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 21:35:42 UTC 2019

In answer to your question, there are practical things that can be done
with an optical or electron microscope that cannot be done with unaided
vision. What I am asking is not the validity of the quest for better timing
but rather its tangible applications. Note that I did not say or even
suggest that there are no tangible applications, I'm simply interested in
what they are. I thought I made that fairly clear.

As to your analogy, it is valid only if and to the extent that NIST-F2 has
practical applications. That is what I am asking about.

No,  there is no logic issue in my statement but I will grant that it is a
bit imprecise. (Donning pedant hat) "...will be deleted as soon as I have
read enough to conclude that it is dismissive or snarky."

If you have an answer to my question, I will be very happy to receive it.

Best regards

--
Homo sum humani a me nihil alienum puto.