[time-nuts] The forbidden question

Michael Wouters michaeljwouters at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 21:17:41 UTC 2019

My radio astronomer colleagues tell me that there is about a 20 minute
limit to VLBI observing runs because of atmospheric instability so this
limits improvements to be had from better clocks. My recollection is that a
maser is still sufficient out to 100 GHz. There is a paper about this that
I will dig out later.

Cheers
Michael