[time-nuts] The forbidden question

Michael Wouters michaeljwouters at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 22:32:46 UTC 2019

As promised, here's one pertinent paper, about using cryogenic
sapphire oscillators at mm-wavelengths ( 1 mm = 300 GHz ).
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1106.0021.pdf
It's not the one I was looking for but it's a useful entry point.
One interesting number is that at one mm, the coherence time is
limited to at most tens of seconds because of atmospheric turbulence.
Table 3 is worth a look too.

Cheers
Michael