[time-nuts] Stable32 tau

Chris Burford cburford1 at austin.rr.com
Tue Jun 11 01:45:29 UTC 2019

I'm not sure if this post would be of sufficient SNR value to approve for comment. Perhaps you may have a quick and easy answer.

I'm using Stable32 to print ADEV, MDEV plots and I would like to have the tau values listed as 1, 10, 100, 1000 ...
Stable32 currently denotes these values in scientific notation (1.00e+00, 2.00e+00, 4.00e+00, 1.00e+01 ...)

The data is originally from TimeLab 1.35b exported as ASCII phase data, no time stamps. The data looks as follows:

-9.7245070034399994E-001
-9.7245070123599986E-001
-9.7245070051299998E-001
-9.7245070079599982E-001
.
.
.

I'm looking for the same formatted output for ADEV as the TimeLab plot for the tau scale. I think the scientific notation for the tau values adjacent to the sigma values just crowds the plot. Is there a way to just get logarithmic (base 10) values for the tau plot in Stable32? Any help is appreciated.