[time-nuts] Stable32 tau

CBURFORD1 at austin.rr.com CBURFORD1 at austin.rr.com
Tue Jun 11 16:40:44 UTC 2019

I've tried both Decade and Octave and it still denotes the tau values
located in the upper right plot as scientific notation. I have seen
other Stable32 plots from other users where the tau values were
displayed as 1, 2, 4, 10, 20, 40, 100 and so on.

 I'm still looking through the options in Stable32. I will say that
TimeLab is a much easier to use application.
Thanks for the help.

 ---- rfnuts  wrote:
 > Chris,
 >
 > selct 'Decade' in the bottom right corner of the 'Run' menu.
 >
 > Adrian
 >
 > Am 11.06.2019 um 03:45 schrieb Chris Burford:
 > > I'm not sure if this post would be of sufficient SNR value to
approve for comment. Perhaps you may have a quick and easy answer.

 > > I'm using Stable32 to print ADEV, MDEV plots and I would like to
have the tau values listed as 1, 10, 100, 1000 ...
 > > Stable32 currently denotes these values in scientific notation
(1.00e+00, 2.00e+00, 4.00e+00, 1.00e+01 ...)

 > > The data is originally from TimeLab 1.35b exported as ASCII phase
data, no time stamps. The data looks as follows:

 > > -9.7245070034399994E-001
 > > -9.7245070123599986E-001
 > > -9.7245070051299998E-001
 > > -9.7245070079599982E-001
 > > .
 > > .
 > > .
 > >

 > > I'm looking for the same formatted output for ADEV as the TimeLab
plot for the tau scale. I think the scientific notation for the tau
values adjacent to the sigma values just crowds the plot. Is there a
way to just get logarithmic (base 10) values for the tau plot in
Stable32? Any help is appreciated.