[time-nuts] Is there anyone local to me with an 8.5 digit multimeter?

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Tue Jun 11 16:54:19 UTC 2019

I'm located in Althorne, Essex (CM3 6DT). I'd like to get a couple of
resistors (10 M and 100 M) measured on an 8.5 digit meter, then compare
them to what a 34970A data acquisition unit says. I don't want to spend a
fortune on very high-end resistors, so bringing the unit to a 3458A, and
measuring the resistor on two meters reasonably close in time, should be
enough.

There are some issues with these data acquisition meters, which impacts
their stability. It does not help the fact that there's no S/N on it, so i
don't now if it has any particular fault.

--
Dr David Kirkby Ph.D C.Eng MIET
Kirkby Microwave Ltd