[time-nuts] Stable32 tau

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Tue Jun 11 19:02:02 UTC 2019

Chris,

If your data set is small enough (e.g., less than 40,000 points) so that all the tau are 4 digits or less then Stable32 will use plain integers in the little tau+sigma box inserted into the ADEV plot. For non-integer tau, or data sets that result in tau values 10000 or greater, Stable32 uses scientific notation for all values.

Note that if you select the "all tau" (or "many tau") option instead of decade or octave the the table does not appear at all, resulting in cleaner plots. Almost all the ADEV plots on my web site are done with many tau and thus the corner box of clutter does not appear.

The axis labels of a Stable32 ADEV plot are done using 10^x notation, rather than log10 or scientific notation (like TimeLab). Neither tool gives much flexibility to the plot format.

/tvb