[time-nuts] Truetime XLi sat signal levels (dBW to dBc/SNR conversion question)

Azelio Boriani azelio.boriani at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 23:57:06 UTC 2019

According to this reference
<https://www.navtechgps.com/gnss_facts/>
the minimum received power on Earth should be -158.50dBW.
According to this XLi manual
<http://www.ampere.com.mx/pdf/Manual_XLi.pdf>
the expected antenna gain should be between 20 to 36dB,
so the reported received signal should have 16dB of uncertainty since
there is no command to set the actual antenna gain.