[time-nuts] UBlox as a reference clock source - accuracy ??

David Slipper softfoot at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 19 20:31:28 UTC 2019

Hi, I am running a UBlox Neo-6M and have configured it with LadyHeather
to produce a 10MHz output for use as a better reference for a couple of
instruments.

Is there any way with LH to determine the accuracy of the 10MHz output
in ppm??

I am aware that the 10MHz output is jittery on my scope (is that phase
noise??) due to the fact that the internal clock is divided by a
non-integral value to reach 10 (I believe the internal oscillator is
16MHz).  If I set it to produce 8MHz it is rock solid.

I am really interested in the long term accuracy of the 10MHz signal -
say over 24 hours.

I'm a bit of a newbie at this so any clarification would be welcome.

TIA Dave