[time-nuts] UBlox as a reference clock source - accuracy ??

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Jun 19 23:19:44 UTC 2019

Hi

On a second to second basis, the 10 MHz will be off by < +/- 0.02 ppm.
Averaged over 24 hours ( = your frequency counter is set to a > 80,0000 second
gate time) you will be much closer. +/- 0.0000001 ppm is a good guess.

The important point is that the first number is more often the one you bump into.
The second one only “counts” if you have some sort of flywheel that does the
>80,000 second averaging for you.

Bob