[time-nuts] Z3801A going into Holdover

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Jun 21 12:36:18 UTC 2019

Hi

Which is why I asked about the EFC ….. they *should* start complaining when the EFC gets close to limit.
How close? No idea. Are there other parameters it monitors? No idea.

The (useless) heater box around the 10811 in the Z3801 can be opened up. Inside is a fairly normal 10811. On the ones
I have seen, there is a trimmer in the usual location. The gotcha is that with the “extended” EFC range on the
unit, it has drifted a *long* way by the time it fails. The trimmer may get it back, it may also not really have
enough range to do what you need to do.

Bob