[time-nuts] Z3801A going into Holdover

Ben Hall kd5byb at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 14:53:39 UTC 2019

On 6/21/2019 7:09 AM, Mike Seguin wrote:
> I have a weird one with my Z3801A. Screen shot from GPSCon attached. You
> can see the EFC excursion... Maybe the oven in the OCXO is acting up???

Hi Mike and list,

Your e-mail caused me to look at my Z3801A.  It looks like mine has lost
its mind.  EFC was pretty stable until about 93 hours ago and then just
started nose-diving...

Note - I've tried chasing down the reason for the Self Test error, was
never able to determine what was causing it.  It's been that way for at
least 4 years now and working fine, so I don't think that the self test
fail has anything to do with the recent issues...

Any guesses from the folks on the list?

Thanks much and 73,
Ben, kd5byb