[time-nuts] Cloudflare

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Jun 22 12:47:28 UTC 2019

Hi

Sorry for the double post !!!!

Actually there *is* another answer:

Run an atomic clock.

That sounds exotic and really expensive. In fact they are a sub $1,000 sort
of item in bulk (like hundreds). A Rubidium based device will hold “rate”
to under a nanosecond per second pretty much forever and ever. With a bit
of minor work, that will come down by a factor of 10 or more.

It’s not “time of day” but it is a clock you can depend on. If somebody does
get in and start yanking time by seconds, it’s going to tell you what’s happening.
Yes indeed it’s a belt for your suspenders and your other belt. That seems to be
one of the ways one makes a hardened system.

(This thought occurred as I got up for more coffee and had to step around the
atomic clock that is sitting on the floor …. :) )

Bob