[time-nuts] Cloudflare

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Jun 22 16:26:57 UTC 2019

Hi

I’m not advocating  that you must have 185 “in house Stratum 1 devices. I’m
really saying that having a limited number of devices that you have full control
over *is* a good idea. Is that three or is it thirty? Obviously the more the better, but
the big boost comes from at least having a couple.

Yes there are all sorts of assumptions down in the bowels of that suggestion.
None of them may be correct. If so…. sorry about that !!!

There might seem to be an implicit suggestion that they be GPS/ GNSS based.
Actually a mix of time sources would be better than all of them depending on
one source. GNSS is nice because one gizmo could be deployed anywhere in
the world. Doing things off of MSF / WWVB etc gets into region specific configuration
(and possibly region specific hardware).

Bob