[time-nuts] Logging and correlating NMEA messages with TICC timestamp

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Jun 24 06:38:30 UTC 2019

lists at packetflux.com said:
> So I guess I'm asking what everyone else is using to gather both timestamp
> data and NMEA data in a correlated way....

I have a hack that grabs everything and writes each line and a time stamp to a
file per day.

http://users.megapathdsl.net/~hmurray/time-nuts/Arctic/code/AAA-README
http://users.megapathdsl.net/~hmurray/time-nuts/Arctic/code/grab-nmea.py

I'd use two copies of it - one for the TICC and another for the NMEA.  You can
merge them on post processing.

The time stamp is the end of line.  If you know the baud rate and number of
stop bits, you can calculate the start time.  Again, post processing.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.