[time-nuts] Logging and correlating NMEA messages with TICC timestamp

John Ackermann. N8UR jra at febo.com
Mon Jun 24 12:09:56 UTC 2019

Just a note about possible spurious pulses with the TICC.  The input circuit is a 3.3v logic gate that's 5v-safe.  Some PPS signals have much greater peak amplitude than that (e.g., the HP atomic clocks).

Experience has shown that these pulses don't know have enough energy to damage the input, but the voltage can cause ringing that results in occasional double pulses.  So use a scope to look at the pulse and if its peak is more than about 5v, use an attenuator to knock it down.  Also, make sure the pulse is terminated in a 50 ohm load at the TICC input.

John