[time-nuts] New timekeeping book (Time in Tokugawa Japan)

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 24 17:41:11 UTC 2019

On 6/24/19 9:39 AM, Mark Kahrs wrote:
> http://weai.columbia.edu/weai-author-qa-yulia-frumers-making-time/

"Think of it: what we call “noon” today rarely coincides with the
astronomical solar noon (when the sun is at its zenith). Not only do
most of us not live precisely in the right place on the time zone, but
also only four days a year do solar days last exactly 24 hours. Most of
the people do not really care about these inconsistencies because they
do not really matter for our functioning."

"Most of the people" is not time-nuts..