[time-nuts] 8663 Oscillator Tuning

Chris Burford cburford1 at austin.rr.com
Tue Jun 25 10:12:22 UTC 2019

I have an Oscilloquartz 8663-XS DOCXO in a generic eBay GPSDO. I would
like to fine tune the output to get it a little closer to MHz.

At current it appears to be running at 9.93x10^-13 at t1000. I'm
clocking it against a PRS10C RFS using a TICC and TimeLab. Specifically
I'm looking for the procedure or what is involved in tuning the output
frequency of my GPSDO.

I have at my disposal an oscilloscope, DMM, frequency counter and
various other bench hardware. I'd be curious to hear how this is done
whether it is specific to this oscillator type or not.

Any assistance is certainly appreciated.

Chris