[time-nuts] Z3801A going into Holdover

Art Sepin art at synergy-gps.com
Fri Jun 28 00:23:44 UTC 2019

Hi Mark -  The Z3801A used the Motorola 6 channel VP Oncore receiver. It employed a pendulum oscillator whose drift characteristics were written to NV RAM at power-down. Constant operation of some VP products caused loss of satellite signal strength and eventually, loss of lock due to crystal drift. Motorola's (not very descriptive) "VP Service Note" is available here:
http://synergy-gps.com/support/motorola-legacy-products/  (our web site was hacked and the legacy technical resource material that's "crossed-out" on this page should be available again within the week).

Art Sepin