[time-nuts] WWV 100 Year Celebration

John Marvin jm-tnut at themarvins.org
Mon May 6 07:24:00 UTC 2019

Just an FYI,  WWV will celebrate 100 years on the air in October of this
year.  They will have an open house an recognition ceremony in Fort
Collins on Tuesday, October 1st.  My amateur radio club (NCARC), is
sponsoring  a special event amateur radio station, call sign WW0WWV from
September 28-October 2 on the WWV/WWVB transmitter property in north
Fort Collins.

Note that the WWV/WWVB transmitter site does not do tours often, so if
you've never visited the site, this might be a good time to check it
out, especially since the station seems to get put on the chopping block
on an annual basis these days.

If you are an amateur radio operator you may want to participate in the
event, either by contacting the station, or taking a trip to Fort
Collins and possibly being an operator.

More details can be found at:

http://wwv100.com

https://www.nist.gov/news-events/events/2019/10/nist-radio-station-wwv-100-year-anniversary

Regards,

John

P.S. I am not a contact person for this event, and don't know any more
details about the NIST open house other than what is posted. Hopefully
more details will be posted in the future.