[time-nuts] Slightly OT - Magellan Car navigation displays wrong time

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun May 19 07:50:20 UTC 2019

Did anything happen in the last 24 hours that would affect the time
displayed on a gps receiver?
I have a Magellan RoadMate RM9612T-LM that started displaying time that
is one hour and 40 minute in the future.
I have verified that the correct time zone is selected.
I changed the time zone and it displayed time for that zone with the
same offset.
I am in eastern zone and have set receiver back to auto with same results.

Thanks
Glenn
===================================

Glenn,

All but one of my GPS devices survived that, but in the one which did not (a
GT-730FL-S USB logger) /only/ the day number was affected, and not the time
of day.  The dates were 1999-09-15 onwards.  I wrote a simple program to
correct the GPX files the device's program (Canway) produced.

Glen's issue may be related to WNRO, but it's not the same symptoms I've
seen.  Any chance there's someone local with a new (pretty advanced) jammer?
Hope it's resolved soon.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu