[time-nuts] Updating the unit of,time: the second.

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Tue May 28 02:06:12 UTC 2019

On Mon, 27 May 2019 at 11:20, Dave B via time-nuts <time-nuts at lists.febo.com>
wrote:

> https://www.sciencenews.org/article/kilogram-just-got-revamp-unit-time-might-be-next
>
> ~ ~ ~
>
> So, perhaps a host of surplus cesium clocks on the market at some point?
>
> 73
>
> Dave B G0WBX.

I notice a lot of 1 kg weights on eBay, so perhaps the same will happen
with Cs clocks!

I wonder what fraction of users of cesium clocks are using them because a
second is defined the way it currently is? I can’t imagine there will be
lots put on the used market, but it would be nice if there were.

Dave

> --
Dr David Kirkby Ph.D C.Eng MIET
Kirkby Microwave Ltd
Registered office: Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, CHELMSFORD,
Essex, CM3 6DT, United Kingdom.
Registered in England and Wales as company number 08914892
https://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Tel 01621-680100 / +44 1621-680100