[time-nuts] Talking Clock

Michael Wouters michaeljwouters at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 08:59:47 UTC 2019

Hello Dana

The prototype system I built used an E1 digital telephony card with 30
lines. I think it cost about $12000/year to lease the associated 2
megabits per second data capacity but we didn't do that; we just
commandeered a few lines from our site's capacity.
I believe the live system needed several hundred lines to deal with
peak demand, usually at DST transitions.

Cheers
Michael