[time-nuts] DC distribution, Moderator comment

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Sat Oct 5 23:09:14 UTC 2019

As the moderators seem ok with this topic.

I suspect my prior experience with power poles would have been better if I had been able to obtain some of the products contained in the Anderson Power Products catalogue  (ie. 45 amp contacts designed for high strand count wire, low or high mating force contacts etc.)

If anyone knows of a hobby friendly distributor that will ship small quantities of such components to Canada I would be happy to hear about that off list.  Some of my amateur radio acquaintances think I am perhaps a bit to picky about worrying about these types of details, but in my view these types of details may be important in some applications.   To be transparent I didn't put a huge amount of effort into trying to source these types of components, so this may be "old news" to some.

The catalogue also lists retention clips that may be of interest to some (based on some prior comments about using cable ties to prevent the connectors from separating.)  I don't have any experience with the retention clips, but the catalogue description seems promising.

I'm hesitant to post the URL to the catalogue but it is easy to find via Google.

Mark Spencer

mark at alignedsolutions.com
604 762 4099