[time-nuts] DC distribution

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Oct 6 20:15:56 UTC 2019

kb8tq at n1k.org said:
> On the typical West Mountain setup, the cable that goes from the power supply
> into  the device tends to stay in place a *long* time. The other stuff gets
> moved around allot. Indeed my preference is for the “newer” designs that
> don’t bring power in on  a Power Pole.

That looks interesting, but I can't quite follow what you are saying.

If some gear doesn't use Power Pole, what does it use and/or how does power
get into the box?

Does your "long time" reflect your usage patterns or something more general?
I think the context where I learned about Power Pole was ham field days where
part of the game is being able to move and setup gear.

------

My workbench tends to be fairly stable, but I have too many wall warts.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.