[time-nuts] HP105B HP 105B 1 amp fuse blowing

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Oct 11 17:25:08 UTC 2019

Hi

Indeed, the unit seems to work fine without batteries.

-------

If filtering and short duration spikes are the concern, one could
replace the batteries with super capacitors. One would *hope* they
are a bit less likely to create problems. ……

-----

While it is a good idea to keep OCXO’s on power, a half hour or
couple hour outage is not that big a deal. They will settle back down
pretty fast after that sort of interruption. Unless the rest of the lab is
on backup power, there may not be a major need for the 105 to stay
up and running ….

Bob