[time-nuts] HP Z3805A GPS replacement ?

Tim Tuck timt at skybase.net
Tue Oct 15 05:25:21 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I've been gifted an old HP Z3805A GPSDO. It took quite some time to get
its head together since it hasn't been switched on in years.

Googling around I see talk about changing out the 6 channel Motorola GPS
for something else. Suggestions point to the Motorola M12 ONCORE but
I've not found any detail from anyone anywhere that has done this.

So...

can I replace the GPS with an ONCORE M12 ?

has anyone done this ?

is there any "gotcha's" I need to be aware of ?

If there is detail on the net about a successful mod then please point
me at it since obviously my googlefu is off!

thanks

Tim