[time-nuts] Do ordinary clouds adversely affect GPS reception?

Jim Palfreyman jim77742 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 09:23:49 UTC 2019

I see no attenuation at 1376 MHz (close to GPS frequency) when observing
pulsars with a radio telescope. Even the brightest pulsar (Vela) is so much
fainter than a GPS signal which boom in when they happen to pass into the
telescope's beam.

It definitely happens at higher frequencies though. Up around 20 GHz it's a
different story.