[time-nuts] HP5071A with bad tube.... can I get one used?

Taka Kamiya tkamiya9 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 24 03:42:19 UTC 2019

I have an HP5071A with a high performance option that does not work.  All of my tests indicate the faulty component is a tube itself.  Buying a new tube is way out of my budget.  I am now torn between parting it out and see what I can use and keeping it intact with hope something might pop up.

Question for the group....  Obtaining a used tube for this, I don't care if its high performance or not, as long as it works with the chassis, is really not a possibility, correct?  I have never seen one on eBay.