[time-nuts] HP 5065A during Hurricane

ew ewkehren at aol.com
Mon Aug 3 14:27:29 UTC 2020

As I mentioned before I did plan to take advantage of a Hurricane pressure drop to test the performance of the HP 5065A, data is attached. The Hurricane turned in to a Tropical Storm and only 30 miles from my place allowed us to have breakfast outside at our favorite Sunday breakfast place. Total rain less than 0.3 inches and maximum winds below 40 miles an hour. However the sensor clearly shows a pressure drop.

To better understand aging of my unit I have over last month done extensive environmental testing, lab and Rb temperature testing.  Summer is the best time since the AC is on day and night. However it is one 5 ton unit with thermostat and air handler at the opposite end of the house. Change is not possible do to lack of attic space. Attached are three sets of data, Lab, Rb two days before the storm and 48 hours covering the storm. This data will show pressure and temperature for comparison.

In addition the raw frequency data is included for those that want to do their own data analysis. Comparison is the HP5065A against the Tbolt with Datum 2000 cleanup and the Adret 10 000 multiplication and measured with a HP53132A in 100 second mode.

The PDF plot shows raw Frequency, a factor 10 filter, pressure (Luftdruck) and temperature. The influence of pressure is clearly visible. Though my focus is on the FRK/M100 I will, time permitting and an other hurricane set up two tests,  this time it hit me only a day before.
Bert Kehren    Palm City    Florida