[time-nuts] eLORAN in the Antipodes ? (was: Re: eLORAN will be on the air GRI 99600)

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Aug 8 20:15:01 UTC 2020

kb8tq at n1k.org said:
> Same basic issue, lots of weird interactions and a need to keep the signal
> very precise. Not as easy as it might seem.

What does "precise" mean in that context?

I'm not an antenna-nut.  Can an antenna miss-match change anything other than
the amplitude?

How do you automatically tune something like that?  The manual way would to
twist the knob while watching a meter.  If the meter goes down, you are going
the wrong way.  If it goes up, keep going until it starts going down, then
back up to the peak you just passed.

How do you even know that it needs tuning?  Can you measure something
accurately enough?  If so, what?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.