[time-nuts] Symmetricom X72

Germán Herrera g.herrera at ses.com.ar
Mon Aug 10 12:41:19 UTC 2020

Hi everyone

This is my first post on the list, tought I've been subscribed for some
time.
I'm in the process of troubleshooting an X72 which recently started to
be unable to acquire lock. I've searched online for pics of this
standard and wasn't unable to find anything, so i took some nice
pictures which I'd like to share with you:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HN8dms5CxPwUjdckEux2fOVTF5IoaI5u?usp=sharing

After disassembling it I found that an optical filter which is supposed
to be glued to the light path of the lamp was loose inside the unit. I
attached it again but the issue persisted.

If anyone is able any information about the thing (such as lamp working
temperature, resonator temperature, lamp excitation frequency, etc..)
I'd be grateful. It's sad that Symmetricom's manual is not able to
provide any useful details.

Cheers!

--
Germán Herrera