[time-nuts] Satelles PNT from Iridium satellites

ew ewkehren at aol.com
Mon Aug 10 17:53:20 UTC 2020

Allow me to clarify my GPS involvement. In 1973 TI moved me from Houston to Dallas to be part of the start up of calculators. This was followed by Marine projects since our chairman was an avid sailor. While working on Loran C my boss walked in one day and told me that at a staff meeting he had volunteered me to write the GPS proposals. It took me three days to convince him that this was not just sitting down and writing a proposal. It took over a month to get a team together of experts with at least order of magnitude more skills than me. I spend most my time on Pert Charts and reviews. Some coordination with Semiconductor on C and P code chips and SBP9900 bipolar 16 bit microprocessor. Cost calculation, lost our shirt on underestimating software development a first of this magnitude in TI Equipment Group (Military). We bid on two, did win both and I was given the choice which one. I picked Manpack. More top notch experts where added. Continued with typical program management. Do not recall any innovating technical contributions beside packaging. Bert Kehren