[time-nuts] ! PPS Source

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Aug 14 02:27:33 UTC 2020

eb at telight.com said:
> I'm also aware that some people have come up with external sawtooth
> correction, using programmable digital delay lines and special control
> circuits. But, why do all that if you can just fix the clock instead?

Have you ever worked on a large software project?

The API to the GPS module lets you split the software into two parts -- and
the GPS part will be written and maintained by somebody else.

You don't necessarily need the digital delay line.  You can measure the offset
between the PPS from the GPS and the PPS from the GPS and do the sawtooth
correction in software.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.