[time-nuts] Symmetricom 58536A

Frank O'Donnell time at inkbox.net
Mon Aug 17 22:04:29 UTC 2020

Based on a recommendation here sometime back, I bought a Symmetricom
58536A distribution amplifier so that up to four GPSDOs can share my
rooftop Lucent 26db twist antenna.

When I connect the antenna to its port on the 58536A, and a Trimble
Thunderbolt to port 1, Heather shows no antenna connection on the
Thunderbolt. By contrast, when I use the antenna and Thunderbolt (and/or
another GPSDO) with a 2-port Instock PD5120 splitter/combiner, all
devices function normally.

The 58536A information note says it needs +4.5 to 13vdc. The antenna
requires 3.3 to 5vdc. A multimeter measures +4.951vdc on the
Thunderbolt's antenna port.

If anyone has suggestions, I'll be very grateful.

Frank