[time-nuts] WWVB SDR discussion

DON MURRAY w4wj at aol.com
Fri Aug 21 00:41:29 UTC 2020

Mike...

Which model did you order?

73
Don
W4WJ

On Thursday, August 20, 2020 Mike Feher <time-nuts at lists.febo.com> wrote:
I just purchased 2 of those La Crosse 14" clocks and was totally amazed. I
live on the Jersey shore on one acre surrounded by trees and about 8 miles
from the ocean. After I placed batteries in the clock, it went through its
initially routine which was neat in itself, and about an hour or less later
the motors purred again and it went to the exact time and continues to do
so. This was on the first floor of my Colonial in my office next to the
computer and all sorts of other digital and switching PS noise and only
about a foot off the floor. My old Junghans Mega 1000 could never do that. I
have to take it upstairs with me and place it by the front (South facing)
window of the master bedroom and sometime during the night it acquires and
corrects if need be. Regardless, I still like my Junghans, but this new
waveform is amazing. Thanks for mentioning it. Regards - Mike

Mike B. Feher, N4FS

89 Arnold Blvd.

Howell NJ 07731

848-245-9115